The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Religious Studies Paper 1 (J625/01-05) - 9th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How well did your OCR GCSE Religious Studies Paper 1 (J625/01-05) exam go today?

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 9th May 2024 AM
Length: 1h

Link to Study Group:
GCSE Religious Studies Study Group 2023-2024
Link to Master Thread:
GCSE Exam Discussions 2024
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by pwca
Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
General Information
Link to Study Group:
Link to Master Thread:

Good luck everyone! I have Buddhism and Christianity tomorrow, and I’m predicting that something comes up on pilgrimage, funerals and worship for Buddhism as these haven’t come up yet! You’ll all do amazing :smile:

I’m running through flashcards that I made, as I noticed that information on RS for this exam board is quite hard to find! Has anyone got any recommendations?

(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by bobjeffandam
Good luck everyone! I have Buddhism and Christianity tomorrow, and I’m predicting that something comes up on pilgrimage, funerals and worship for Buddhism as these haven’t come up yet! You’ll all do amazing :smile:

I’m running through flashcards that I made, as I noticed that information on RS for this exam board is quite hard to find! Has anyone got any recommendations?

How did it go today?
Original post by Pwca
General Information
Link to Study Group:
Link to Master Thread:

Islam paper 😢
Original post by Pwca
General Information
Link to Study Group:
Link to Master Thread:

The way that was the best paper I’m actually so happy
christianity was good judaism was so hard
Original post by Evil Homer
How did it go today?
15 marker on worship! Quite happy because I predicted it haha. But there was a 15 marker on bhoddisattavas that I messed up 😞
Oh well! They were better than the previous years papers though, that’s for sure!
Reply 7
Original post by daviesc123
Islam paper 😢

Which were the hard questions on the Islam paper?
Reply 8
Original post by amberwdweeks
christianity was good judaism was so hard

What questions came up this year on the Christianity paper?
Reply 9
Original post by Evil Homer
How did it go today?

i liked Islam lots and I like Christianity but I didn't like the first 15 marker that
Original post by AB69649

3 marker on omnipotence,sacrements,mission 6 markers on prayer and linking sin and grace 15 marker on practicing agape more important than evangelism
Original post by AB69649
15 marks (smt along the lines of): “Christian’s should believe that Jesus was both man and God”
6 marks, smt like “Explain Mission in Christianity”
15 marks “the most important thing to a Christian should be Agape not evangelism”
3 marks “explain a Christian aid”
3 marks “explain what Christian’s mean by God is the creator”? I think?
3 marks “explain what Christian’s mean when they say God is omnipotent”

ALSO MY WORDING IS RLLY OFF, BUT IT WAS ALL SMT LIKE THAT

And I can’t remember the rest. But those were smt along them lines
Reply 12
Original post by bobjeffandam
15 marks (smt along the lines of): “Christian’s should believe that Jesus was both man and God”
6 marks, smt like “Explain Mission in Christianity”
15 marks “the most important thing to a Christian should be Agape not evangelism”
3 marks “explain a Christian aid”
3 marks “explain what Christian’s mean by God is the creator”? I think?
3 marks “explain what Christian’s mean when they say God is omnipotent”
ALSO MY WORDING IS RLLY OFF, BUT IT WAS ALL SMT LIKE THAT
And I can’t remember the rest. But those were smt along them lines

Those are ok questions. What questions do you remember from Islam exam? Everyone says it was tough
Original post by AB69649

15 markers were on the idea that god is fully human and fully god and there was a 6 marker on sin and grace and 3 markers on omni potence and the idea god is creator! somehow i have forgotton the rest already
Reply 14
Original post by AB69649
Those are ok questions. What questions do you remember from Islam exam? Everyone says it was tough

one islam 15 marker was about if eid ul-udha is the most important festival in the islamic calendar, there was a 3 mark about prophet dawud’s importance to christians, a 3 mark about ihram, the other 15 marker was about if muslims should only use muhammad’s example to live as a good muslim or if they need other things as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending