The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Sociology Paper 1 (8192/1) - 10th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
omg i feel like i did bad and now im scared cause getting a grade 9 you need marks close to 80 previous years like 2019 a 9 was like 60
Reply 21
Original post by z4h.ra
omg i feel like i did bad and now im scared cause getting a grade 9 you need marks close to 80 previous years like 2019 a 9 was like 60

no no no, as soon as you start thinking stuff like that then it will affect how you revise for paper 2!! sociology is like english sometimes- there are correct things you need to remember, but its very open. there's not just one answer, and everyone can get marks for different things. you might be surprised at how many marks you could get for stuff that you don't think you'll get marks for. just move on and revise hard for paper 2, because you can't go back on paper 1 and i don't want you stressing about stuff u can't change 🫶 it's going to be all fine <3
Original post by z4h.ra
The boundaries aren’t that high for sociology because they don’t give us enough time and loads of ppl probs left some questions out. So they are probs lenient with marking
Original post by Eshalkashif
I used parsons and the Marxist perspective saying that the main function of the family is to benefit capitalism

Who, Zaretsky?
Not a Sociology student, but how did Paper 2 go?
Original post by leeleeknowsstuff
Not a Sociology student, but how did Paper 2 go?

it was actually such a nice paper i found it good!!
Original post by beanbea123
it was actually such a nice paper i found it good!!

Epic! I feel so bad for my friends😭 They had to do the exam in the morning and stay in the exam venue for the whole day because we had Computer Science Paper 2 at the same time😭🙏
What did y'all put for the pilot study one?
We literally didn't learn it during lesson so my whole sociology class flopped that question 😭
4 marks down the drain 😭
Epic! I feel so bad for my friends😭 They had to do the exam in the morning and stay in the exam venue for the whole day because we had Computer Science Paper 2 at the same time😭🙏

Are you guys on study leave?
Original post by catlover_123

Study leave? No, our head of year has forbidden us from taking study leave.. 😭

Are you?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by CatLover_123

my school has had it since the beginning of exams. if we only have one exam in the morning we just go home- and if we have two in a day then we just chill and revise in between the morning and afternoon exams 😭. if i dont have an exam on a day, i don't have to come into school- and if i have only one exam in the afternoon then i can come into school later.
Study leave? No, our head of year has forbidden us from taking study leave.. 😭
Are you?

Nope not yet we only have it for 2 days 😭 start on the 12th and the exams end on the 14th
Original post by itsadara
my school has had it since the beginning of exams. if we only have one exam in the morning we just go home- and if we have two in a day then we just chill and revise in between the morning and afternoon exams 😭. if i dont have an exam on a day, i don't have to come into school- and if i have only one exam in the afternoon then i can come into school later.

Luckyy we only have 2 days study leave 😭 it starts on the 12th and the exams finish on the 14th
My school just full on banned us from study leave.. 😭
My school just full on banned us from study leave.. 😭

Ours did too but we all protested and they gave us 2 days
They said because our generation is too lazy and won't revise "effectively" at home so its better to be in school and revise in front of them
Luckyy we only have 2 days study leave 😭 it starts on the 12th and the exams finish on the 14th

CRAZY- couldn't handle that lmao a girl needs to go HOME bc i can't revise in school man 😭😭
CRAZY- couldn't handle that lmao a girl needs to go HOME bc i can't revise in school man 😭😭

Ikr we will learn less in school than at home because of all the ppl who aren't taking these exams seriously (there's so many in my year and its so worrying like its their whole life at stake and here they are still messing about and not revising)
Ikr we will learn less in school than at home because of all the ppl who aren't taking these exams seriously (there's so many in my year and its so worrying like its their whole life at stake and here they are still messing about and not revising)

fr and i just cant concentrate properly. for us, im glad they arent too fussy on where we revise. like we're still allowed to leave school as long as we come back for the exam, so like sometimes people will go to the park and revise or go out to pick up smn to eat before the exam. and, we can just go into whatever empty classroom and revise, so usually me and my friends will just find an empty classroom and start testing each other. but i only have double exam days on like 4 days and i've already ran through 3 😭 so almost all of the rest of my exams are just in the morning so i can just come home by train.
What did y'all put for the pilot study one?
We literally didn't learn it during lesson so my whole sociology class flopped that question 😭
4 marks down the drain 😭

so i explained what a pilot study was (like a practice study before the real study) and then said this means you can pick up on bits of the study that hadn’t gone right and this means you can change the study and then said that this makes the study high in validity.
fr and i just cant concentrate properly. for us, im glad they arent too fussy on where we revise. like we're still allowed to leave school as long as we come back for the exam, so like sometimes people will go to the park and revise or go out to pick up smn to eat before the exam. and, we can just go into whatever empty classroom and revise, so usually me and my friends will just find an empty classroom and start testing each other. but i only have double exam days on like 4 days and i've already ran through 3 😭 so almost all of the rest of my exams are just in the morning so i can just come home by train.

We have to come to school only to listen to all the people in class talking and playong whilst we are supposed to be revising. It is so annoying

I've done most of my doubles just got one or two after half term then I will be less stressed as there will be less to revise the day before each exam

Quick Reply