The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Bocconi in Economics vs LSE in International social and public policy

Hello, I was accepted for the Bachelor at Bocconi in Economics as well as for a Bachelor in International social and public policy at LSE. Which one should I choose? Xhich one offers more opportunities for the future? I don't really know what I would like to do as a carrer and I like both these subjects. Which one should I choose? Thanks so much for your advise.
Reply 1
Original post by Gab2024
Hello, I was accepted for the Bachelor at Bocconi in Economics as well as for a Bachelor in International social and public policy at LSE. Which one should I choose? Xhich one offers more opportunities for the future? I don't really know what I would like to do as a carrer and I like both these subjects. Which one should I choose? Thanks so much for your advise.

Economics is more prestigious as a degree but LSE is more prestigious as a uni and is more recognised globally. At Bocconi, did you get into International Economics and Finance or International Economics and Management? Also have you figured out accomodation there? I heard it's really difficult to find a hall to stay at. You should probably consider whether you want to stay in the UK or in the EU after graduation. In terms of a career, a degree in Economics definetly opens more doors and gives you more career options. I would personally go with Bocconi but both are very good unis, you'll be fine either way.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Hello,
Thanks for your reply!
I have either International Economics and Managment at Bocconi or International Social and public policy at LSE. I would like to do a master in the UK or US afterwards to specialse in Management. Do you think one or the other would be better in that regard? I have not figured out accomations. So I read that you think it will be harder at Bocconi? or LSE? Have you studied in one of the 2?
Reply 3
Original post by gab2024
Hello,
Thanks for your reply!
I have either International Economics and Managment at Bocconi or International Social and public policy at LSE. I would like to do a master in the UK or US afterwards to specialse in Management. Do you think one or the other would be better in that regard? I have not figured out accomations. So I read that you think it will be harder at Bocconi? or LSE? Have you studied in one of the 2?

Hi. I haven't started uni yet but I also have an offer from LSE for Mangement and I have a friend going to Bocconi next year which is how I know about accomodation over there. From what she told me, Bocconi gives their accomodation in cycles. In the first cycle, everything was gone before she could even log onto the system to book a place. Right now, she's waiting for the other cycle but it's very likely that the same thing will happen again because this time around, accomodation is open to both undergraduate and graduate students. Ultimately, you may have to find a flat to stay which I don't think many people prefer due to the preference of the social scene in student halls. For LSE, we have guranteed accomodation in student halls if you book up to a deadline which has not passed yet. I also haven't booked accom but you can see on the system that most halls are still available. If you figure out accomodation, I guess it comes down to personal preference so I suggest you go over the modules at both unis to learn more about what you would be doing. Since you want to do masters in the UK, I guess LSE may be better regarded but I'm not entirely sure about that. If you do decide to come to LSE, I guess I'll see you there in September!
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 4
Original post by deniz07
Hi. I haven't started uni yet but I also have an offer from LSE for Mangement and I have a friend going to Bocconi next year which is how I know about accomodation over there. From what she told me, Bocconi gives their accomodation in cycles. In the first cycle, everything was gone before she could even log onto the system to book a place. Right now, she's waiting for the other cycle but it's very likely that the same thing will happen again because this time around, accomodation is open to both undergraduate and graduate students. Ultimately, you may have to find a flat to stay which I don't think many people prefer due to the preference of the social scene in student halls. For LSE, we have guranteed accomodation in student halls if you book up to a deadline which has not passed yet. I also haven't booked accom but you can see on the system that most halls are still available. If you figure out accomodation, I guess it comes down to personal preference so I suggest you go over the modules at both unis to learn more about what you would be doing. Since you want to do masters in the UK, I guess LSE may be better regarded but I'm not entirely sure about that. If you do decide to come to LSE, I guess I'll see you there in September!

Thanks for this advice! And see you maybe in September ;-)
lse anyday
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
lse anyday

any particular reason?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending