The Student Room Group

T level engineering Alevel

I recently came across the t level engineering course and I have a few more months before I start sixth form but I am wondering if anyone had any information about t level engineering, I want to do mechatronics engineering at uni but the sixth form I want to go to only does science a levels and btech (finance, engineering, health) and t level (finance, engineering, health). I know in order to achieve my goal of learning mechatronics I’ll either need Phyiscs, Maths (maybe further maths) and Computer science or Physics, Maths, (Further maths) and Chemistry but the problem right now is the sixth form I chose does not have a computer science alevel course, we can mix and match btechs, t-levels and alevels, so I decided to take Physics, Maths and T level engineering, the school did not provide a lot of information on the T level engineering course but I was taking it in hopes there would be a computer science aspect in it but I’m not sure now, if anyone has done or is currently taking T level engineering, would you mind please telling me what goes on through the course and if it would be worth taking it.
T-levels are a relatively new qualification. I would look into entry requirements and survey universities, id just be careful & make sure universities (and not just one or two unis, make sure you have plenty of options) accept that combination.

Id say traditional a-levels such as mathematics, further mathematics & physics are likely to give you lots of options. Computer science isn’t normally a requirement for entry to engineering (maybe software) but id be surprised if it’s required fir mechatronics.
Reply 2
Original post by mnot
T-levels are a relatively new qualification. I would look into entry requirements and survey universities, id just be careful & make sure universities (and not just one or two unis, make sure you have plenty of options) accept that combination.
Id say traditional a-levels such as mathematics, further mathematics & physics are likely to give you lots of options. Computer science isn’t normally a requirement for entry to engineering (maybe software) but id be surprised if it’s required fir mechatronics.

Alright thank youuu.

Quick Reply

Latest