The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

York St John - City Residence Accommodation

Just wondering whether anyone knew the layout of City Residence? I have looked online to find if anyone knows the layout but so far, I've found nothing useful.

I'm in Block B, Flat 202 but I have yet to find anyone in the same Block and Flat. I'm in the Official Freshers Facebook group, and I'm hoping people will get more offers soon to see if I can find any of my flatmates.
Original post by a_winters34
Just wondering whether anyone knew the layout of City Residence? I have looked online to find if anyone knows the layout but so far, I've found nothing useful.
I'm in Block B, Flat 202 but I have yet to find anyone in the same Block and Flat. I'm in the Official Freshers Facebook group, and I'm hoping people will get more offers soon to see if I can find any of my flatmates.

Hey, if you look up City Residence floor plan york on google, I found the floor plan on the second link down called Cloudinary. There's a layout of all of the City Residence blocks there but the flat numbers seem to be different so I'm unsure if it's accurate :smile:
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Hi,

Have you been to an open day or decision day? If not I would recommend coming down to one to have a look at the accommodation. There will be RSA down at City Residence and they will be able to help you with any questions about the layout in more detail as they live there.

As City Residence is a old building, each flat may have a slightly different layout but the one you see on a open day or decision day will be roughly the same layout that you will have in your flat. Each room has an en-suite bathroom, and there will be around 5 rooms per flat but it can vary due to the layout of the building itself.

I definitely recommend to attend an open day, even if it’s just to check out the accommodation as the accommodation team will also be there as well, so you can also have a chat with them.

The next decision day is this Saturday (11/05/24)

https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/applicants/decision-days/

If you wanted to come down but can’t make the decision day there’s also some open days over summer, which you’ll also be able to view the accommodation and speak to the admissions team then as well

2nd July & 17th August

https://www.yorksj.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/meet-us/open-days/

I hope this helps!

Suzan - Student Ambassador
Original post by a_winters34

Hi, I stayed in that exact flat when I was in my first year. There are 5 rooms in that flat with a shared kitchen. When you first walk in Room A is on the left, the corridor then bends to the right. On the left side of the corridor are rooms B,C and D (in order). On the right hand side of the corridor is the kitchen, cupboard with the vacuum and boiler, and then Room E. The layout of each room is slightly different in order to fit the shape of the space but they all have the same facilities. Flat 202 is on the top floor of Block B which is only accessible by stairs (about 35-40 steps total) keep this in mind when moving in and try and spread out the weight in your bags. Hope this helps 🙂

Sophie (Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending