The Student Room Group

Deferred to 2024 entry, want to enter 2025 instead, help?

Hey, so i was accepted into MMU fine art for 2023 entry, but decided to defer to 2024 and take a gap year.

Now on my gap year I realise that for the goals i have i would like to enter 2025 instead. My reasons aren't "necessary" per se (i.e. health issues), but they are productive (projects/ courses /volunteering).

Can i defer a deferred offer? It's unconditional at the moment. I'd like to know if i can defer to 2025 and if not, im assuming that means i must withdraw and apply next cycle. Would a uni that has accepted me and my art portfolio before for 2023 entry be unlikely to accept me again if they know I have already deferred and then withdrawn? Can I use the same portfolio and personal statement as before? Or am i just overthinking and they would definitely accept me again if they've accepted me before? So many questions i'm sorry but Ive been going forward thinking i'm "guaranteed" a place on the course yet have just now read a few threads making me think if i dont go forward with 2024 entry then I'd best be looking at other courses/unis...

Thank you so much
Unis will not accept a double-deferral, and therefore your only option would be to decline your current place and reapply, with no guarantee of another offer.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
Unis will not accept a double-deferral, and therefore your only option would be to decline your current place and reapply, with no guarantee of another offer.

hey thanks for the response.

Would you say the likelihood of being accepted an a course is much lower after you have already declined the place before?
Original post by discomfortd
hey thanks for the response.
Would you say the likelihood of being accepted an a course is much lower after you have already declined the place before?

You would not be penalised for having previously declined a place - but you cannot assume you would be made an offer in a subsequent year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending