The Student Room Group

Creepy Guest

Hi everyone.
Im a 17 year old female and I currently have one of my dads old friends staying at our house. He has just randomly shown up and my parents already agreed to let him stay, before they know he was very drunk and something is clearly not right with him. My Dad has made up a story about my brothers bed breaking so he can stay with me in my room, whilst he is sleeping downstairs in the living room. I feel very unsafe as he has made comments on my appearance and looks and is acting very off. What should I do??? helpp
Original post by Snagroll
Hi everyone.
Im a 17 year old female and I currently have one of my dads old friends staying at our house. He has just randomly shown up and my parents already agreed to let him stay, before they know he was very drunk and something is clearly not right with him. My Dad has made up a story about my brothers bed breaking so he can stay with me in my room, whilst he is sleeping downstairs in the living room. I feel very unsafe as he has made comments on my appearance and looks and is acting very off. What should I do??? helpp

Who is sleeping where? I'm confused...
Reply 2
Brothers sleeping in my room with me and my the guest is staying in the living room. My parents bedroom is about 20 metres away
Brothers sleeping in my room with me and my the guest is staying in the living room. My parents bedroom is about 20 metres away

Ok, understand now. How old is your brother?
Reply 4
Hes only 14
Hes only 14

That's not illegal, but you should impress on your parents that this is certainly against policy for many major housing organisations, eg https://www.myclarionhousing.com/find-a-home/rent-a-home/social-housing-explained

Add in the disturbing comments and ask your dad whether he would make similar remarks about a friend's daughter.
Reply 6
My parents understand that what is happening is suspicious, but they also aren't kicking him out. They are warning me about him and Its making me more anxious. Is it a bad idea to barricade my door, or some kind of preparation for worst case scenario? -just as a better safe than sorry?
-also my brother is only staying in my room tonight because of the guest. my parents have made us stay together as they're suspicious too. We have our own rooms
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by E7han
Let all of your friends know about your situation and see if any of them would be kind enough to have you stay with them, I’m sure some of your friends parents would be understanding of your scenario and willing to host you. If you do have to stay at home however, try telling your parents about how you feel uncomfortable, and if that fails either lock your door at night or put something heavy infront of it, just as a safety precaution because this guy sounds very off

It ain't illegal but if you uncomfortable around him then tell him your fellings towards it
Hi everyone.

nah you need to call the cop's on him

Quick Reply