The Student Room Group

KCL Neuroscience and Psychology BSc vs Neuroscience Bsc?

Because I had a free slot in UCAS, I applied to two courses in KCL:

Neuroscience and Psychology BSc (Full-time) (C845)
Neuroscience BSc (Full-time) B140

I got a conditional offer in:
Neuroscience and Psychology BSc (Full-time) (C845)

And got rejected in the other course (b140).

I'm wondering why because I think these two courses are similar...

Is it because:
The mere fact that I applied to two courses in the same uni

One is easier than the other (rejection reason: your qualifications do not meet a subject requirement)

or
One is more expensive than the other (I'm an international student)?
Original post by yd1201
Is it because:
The mere fact that I applied to two courses in the same uni

One is easier than the other (rejection reason: your qualifications do not meet a subject requirement)

See the bold text in your post. I think you answered yourself.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Scotland Yard
See the bold text in your post. I think you answered yourself.

Yeah but I was thinking maybe they couldn't find a more fitting template message.

I don't understand why I could qualify for one course but not the other when they are basically about the same subject?

Maybe there's a hidden reason like the course I got accepted to is easier or less liked.
Original post by yd1201
Yeah but I was thinking maybe they couldn't find a more fitting template message.

I don't understand why I could qualify for one course but not the other when they are basically about the same subject?

Maybe there's a hidden reason like the course I got accepted to is easier or less liked.

They're different courses, different subjects, and more crucially, different A level requirements. For Neuroscience at KCL, you need to have A level Biology and Chemistry, while this isn't a strict requirement for Neuroscience and Psychology. So, maybe you don't meet the subject requirements for Neuroscience, which is why you were rejected and why you received the message that you got?
Original post by yd1201

They're not the same subject at all! Check the modules you would do for Neuroscience vs Neuroscience and Psychology.

Quick Reply