The Student Room Group

GCSE and A level

I got accepted into a sixth form they said I need grade 6 in bio and chem and that’s fine but when I went on the website it said I also need a grade 6 in maths for chem but I only do foundation so all I could get is a 5
Is there any chance I could still get accepted
Reply 1
Original post by User010111
I got accepted into a sixth form they said I need grade 6 in bio and chem and that’s fine but when I went on the website it said I also need a grade 6 in maths for chem but I only do foundation so all I could get is a 5
Is there any chance I could still get accepted

If you don't meet their requirements and don't have a good reason as to why you didn't (e.g. extenuating circumstances), it is likely that they won't offer you a place on results day. Since you are doing foundation, unless your current school can contact the exam board and ask them to switch you to a higher paper (which they may not be able to do if there is a deadline on this), you won't be able to meet their requirements. I would advise looking into sixth forms with lower requirements for chemistry or consider not taking the subject at all. Contact the sixth form to see how lenient they are with grades, but if they are a popular or high achieving school, they probably won't be very lenient.

Quick Reply