The Student Room Group

biology gcse help

can someone please tell me if this is right and if i used the correct key terms. i do aqa biology btw
and need help checking if this is right

Cell cycle:
1.INTERPHASE- this is where the cell gets ready to divide and the cell cytoplasm grows. Each chromosome replicate itself. The internal structures like ribosomes and also copied

2.MITOSIS- chromosomes line up along the centre and divide and move to opposite poles of the cell

3.Cytokinesis- cytoplasm+ cell membrane divide to form 2 identical daughter cells, each with the same number of chromosomes and genes with the parent cell.

Also would i have to say the DNA or nucleus splitting, and if so where do I put it in?
thank youuu
Original post by s.248
can someone please tell me if this is right and if i used the correct key terms. i do aqa biology btw
Cell cycle:
1.INTERPHASE- this is where the cell gets ready to divide and the cell cytoplasm grows. Each chromosome replicate itself. The internal structures like ribosomes and also copied
2.MITOSIS- chromosomes line up along the centre and divide and move to opposite poles of the cell
3.Cytokinesis- cytoplasm+ cell membrane divide to form 2 identical daughter cells, each with the same number of chromosomes and genes with the parent cell.
Also would i have to say the DNA or nucleus splitting, and if so where do I put it in?
thank youuu

they key words are great but my teacher always said to remeber the three stages:

cell growth - dna replicates and so do sub cellular structures

mitosis stage - chromosomes line up along the centre of the cell and are split by spinal fibres to opposite poles of the cell, mitosis occurs (cell nucleus splits)

final stage - cytokenisis occurs, cytoplasm and cell membrame divide to for to genitcally identical duaghter cells, with the same number of chormosomes in each

Reply 2
in aqa gcse u don't need to know the specific names for each stage, just what happens during each stage
Reply 3
Original post by s.248

Cell cycle:

thank youuu

2: spindle fibres pull apart the chromosomes is required. Also part of mitosis is the pinching in of the cell membrane

Cytokinesis is then the dividing of the cytoplasm

Not sure what you mean about the “DNA or nucleus splitting”
Original post by subbhy
2: spindle fibres pull apart the chromosomes is required. Also part of mitosis is the pinching in of the cell membrane
Cytokinesis is then the dividing of the cytoplasm
Not sure what you mean about the “DNA or nucleus splitting”

Won't get the mark for saying splitting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending