The Student Room Group

Getting an 8-9 in every subject but stuck on a 5 in English. HELPP!

I do EDEXCEL English Language and Literature
Does anyone have any tips on where to find exemplars and model answers because everyone does AQA and there is literally nowhere to look. Working on an 8 or 9 for every subject except English (Grade 5) so i have a lot of time to dedicate if i get enough feedback. Even though i've done alot of work on English Language and actually learned how to analyse because i've been neglecting English for a long time, and i am still on a similar level .Specifically the language and structure questions even though i do not struggle to analyse language and structure (i think it may be my teacher's marking). My creative writing and transactional is fine but it's just simple SPAG mistakes so that's fine. Any tips for me situation will be appreciated, PLEASE I REALLY NEED HELP RN.

Now for the BIG BOSS. I have watched soo much content for this and have done practice for my teacher to mark but i am still getting similar results (Except for An Inpsector Calls. I think this is because my writing is more orientated around the writer's intentions which there are alot for an Inspector Calls since the whole play is a message, but there aren't any for Jekyll and Hyde or Shakespeare). The extract questions are alright but it's just the whole text ones which i cant get a grip for. In general i think i am good at writing but just i cant seem to find a proper place to look for exam technique to be honest. I looked at all the AOs for the whole of english and they help a bit but it's just the EXAM TECHNIQUE.

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Hey! sorry for replying late but i hope i can still help!

I'm doing Edexcel too and i'm struggling with finding resources too. currently PMT and CGP guides are my best friends with revision. you can also find model answers on the Pearson exam reports! it helps to see model answers of what people do in exam conditions! you'll see its not impossible to achieve i can link them too if you want, or you can search up "Pearson exemplars English literature paper 1 (year)" (or whichever paper you are sitting). it will show feedback on each response too! Anyway GOOD LUCK ON THE LITERATURE EXAM TOMORROW! hope we all do well :smile:

ps. if you have any tips on getting high grades in science please pass them on 😭

edit: i cant really help with exam techniques as im struggling too lolll, but i hope at least i sort of helped!
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 2
Ty for the advice. Rn i js planned all the Characters for An Inspector Calls and hoped that the good ones come up. Macbeth i think ill be alright since half of it is extract.
For science, you need to use the cognito website for all of your content as they go in all the depth you need, Do the quizzes after each lesson and practically speedrun the whole thing. Use physics and maths tutor for practice and finish all their booklets. Do this all in the same day and use Save my Exams or FreeScienceLessons to memorise Required practicals word for word and review them right before the exam. If you can, rewatch the whole of cognito the morning before, no quizzes, just speedrun the vids. Review everything one last time and the exam should be lightwork.
Reply 3
Original post by kdkdi
Ty for the advice. Rn i js planned all the Characters for An Inspector Calls and hoped that the good ones come up. Macbeth i think ill be alright since half of it is extract.
For science, you need to use the cognito website for all of your content as they go in all the depth you need, Do the quizzes after each lesson and practically speedrun the whole thing. Use physics and maths tutor for practice and finish all their booklets. Do this all in the same day and use Save my Exams or FreeScienceLessons to memorise Required practicals word for word and review them right before the exam. If you can, rewatch the whole of cognito the morning before, no quizzes, just speedrun the vids. Review everything one last time and the exam should be lightwork.

hey! thanks for the advice

just wanted to ask howd you find the paper?? i loved the inspector calls question smm! i picked the eva smith one. i heard the macbeth one was a bit mean, but i hope u did well!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending