The Student Room Group

What is the best to go to excluding Oxbridge

If you have any experience with universities please let me know, i feel like there are better universities then the top 2
All the Russell group ones tbf.
UCL
Kings
QMUL
Exeter
Cardiff
Southampton
Durham
etc etc 🙂
Also depends on the course. For STEM and econ/business related - LSE, Imperial, Warwick, UCL, Durham etc.
Have a look at different tiers within Russel groups eg many recruiters class Oxbridge, LSE, Imperial as Upper Tier 1, UCL, Durham, Warwick, KCL as lower Tier 2 (kinda guessing off the top of my head from what I remember) and other RGs like Sheffield, Nottingham, Liverpool as tier 2
Reply 3
Original post by anonymousakhi
If you have any experience with universities please let me know, i feel like there are better universities then the top 2

What does "best" or "better" mean? Research? Student life? Quality of teaching? Job prospects after graduation?
Reply 4
The only one that betters Oxbridge overall in research quality is Imperial College London.
LSE, UCL, Warwick, Birmingham, Bristol, York, Manchester, KCL, Glasgow, can equal or come close to Oxbridge for quality. As Edinburgh have so many staff and students, their sheer output will also make them contenders (Warwick, Birmingham, LSE and York truly aren't close for output, which means you can rule them out of being in the same league as the others above, although LSE fans might not accept that). But some subjects definitely have better researchers at other universities. And for the 'undergraduate experience' many can take on or better Oxbridge.
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending