The Student Room Group

Will sixth form accept 1 grade below A level requirements

I'm aiming to join Solihull Sixth Form for A-levels in Maths, Physics, and Business, all requiring a Grade 6. Physics mandates a Grade 6 in Maths, but what if I score a Grade 5 in maths? Will they still accept me? My GCSE’s start in a week and i know i can get a 7 in business and physics. Will the sixth form make an exception because they can see I am bright in business and physics which are both math based subjects. I am in foundation maths hence why I can only get a 5
Reply 1
Original post by Upris3
I'm aiming to join Solihull Sixth Form for A-levels in Maths, Physics, and Business, all requiring a Grade 6. Physics mandates a Grade 6 in Maths, but what if I score a Grade 5 in maths? Will they still accept me? My GCSE’s start in a week and i know i can get a 7 in business and physics. Will the sixth form make an exception because they can see I am bright in business and physics which are both math based subjects. I am in foundation maths hence why I can only get a 5

Do they know that you are doing foundation? Maths is pretty important for a-level physics. If you haven't informed them that ur doing foundation u should probably do it. They may negotiate the offer- or maybe they won't but you should find out.

Quick Reply