Turn on thread page Beta

I've just booked some driving lessons! Go me! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dickie)
    Especially on twisty country back-roads on national speed limit (60!)
    National speed limit = 70mph, i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    National speed limit = 70mph, i think.
    on dual carriageway, yep. on single carriageway, it's 60

ReputationRep:
    So, advice for my first lesson everyone? Its two hours.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    advise, be relaxed and listen to what your told, dont worry about stalling as he or she will take you somewhere quiet to talk to you for a while, on my 2nd lessing I drove into my local town which was cool, I have only been driving 2 years and already I have wrote a car off

ReputationRep:
    learning to drive on the continent is good...

...but driving on the UK is bad. you drive on the wrong side!!! i would never get used to changing gear with my left hand

ReputationRep:

Positive thinking please people! No talking about how they couldn't do it and car crashes!! Not helping my confidence :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dickie)
    on dual carriageway, yep. on single carriageway, it's 60
    its funny how many people do 60 on dual carriageways; lots think theres just the one limit!

ReputationRep:
    dont worry itll be great. itll probably seem like loads to remember at first but u get it eventually! the first few lessons are the best, once you start getting into it you just seem to end up doing things wrong all the time lol. i have my test on the 18th, ******** myself!! lol

ReputationRep:
    aww hope it all goes okay for you!!! I remember my first driving lessons...my instructor was great though...actually made me laugh more times than a little..which now i think about it...was quite a bit offputting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pansy)
    aww hope it all goes okay for you!!! I remember my first driving lessons...my instructor was great though...actually made me laugh more times than a little..which now i think about it...was quite a bit offputting
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I'd actually suggest not booking your theory test until you've had quite a few lessons. You learn a lot on the road, especially when it comes to the hazard perception part

ReputationRep:
    Don't end up like this, a female did this ->
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    How helpful :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    just dont do what she did is all im saying, you are female after all.. the whole 'female brotherhood' thing yeah (feminists)

ReputationRep:
    driving is easy...driving in an unnatural way like you have to do to pass the test for some examiners benefit is the hard bit.

ReputationRep:
    I hated every minute of every lesson I had (about 30 hours in all!), I was so glad that I passed and never had to see that awful man again!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I'm very scared :eek: :eek:
    Whoop tis fun dont be scared. My driving instructor was HOT! Well would have been hotter if he didnt have such a god awful accent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
    Whoop tis fun dont be scared. My driving instructor was HOT! Well would have been hotter if he didnt have such a god awful accent.
    Thanks babe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I'm very scared :eek: :eek:
    Goodluck Sarky! And if you need tips on reverse parallel parking ( ) feel free to PM me - just spent the whole of Monday afternoon covering that. I think I've got it down pat...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 9, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.