I've just booked some driving lessons! Go me!

Watch
This discussion is closed.
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dickie)
Especially on twisty country back-roads on national speed limit (60!)
National speed limit = 70mph, i think.
Dickie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by john williams)
National speed limit = 70mph, i think.
on dual carriageway, yep. on single carriageway, it's 60
Sarky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
So, advice for my first lesson everyone? Its two hours.
Sarky
Rep:
?
Anyone? :confused:
ali_bongo_uk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
advise, be relaxed and listen to what your told, dont worry about stalling as he or she will take you somewhere quiet to talk to you for a while, on my 2nd lessing I drove into my local town which was cool, I have only been driving 2 years and already I have wrote a car off
Sam_B
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
learning to drive on the continent is good...

...but driving on the UK is bad. you drive on the wrong side!!! i would never get used to changing gear with my left hand
Sarky
Rep:
?

Positive thinking please people! No talking about how they couldn't do it and car crashes!! Not helping my confidence :rolleyes:
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Dickie)
on dual carriageway, yep. on single carriageway, it's 60
its funny how many people do 60 on dual carriageways; lots think theres just the one limit!
thunderstorm
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
dont worry itll be great. itll probably seem like loads to remember at first but u get it eventually! the first few lessons are the best, once you start getting into it you just seem to end up doing things wrong all the time lol. i have my test on the 18th, ******** myself!! lol
pansy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
aww hope it all goes okay for you!!! I remember my first driving lessons...my instructor was great though...actually made me laugh more times than a little..which now i think about it...was quite a bit offputting
Sarky
Rep:
?
(Original post by pansy)
aww hope it all goes okay for you!!! I remember my first driving lessons...my instructor was great though...actually made me laugh more times than a little..which now i think about it...was quite a bit offputting
Thank you
~Sam~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'd actually suggest not booking your theory test until you've had quite a few lessons. You learn a lot on the road, especially when it comes to the hazard perception part
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Don't end up like this, a female did this ->
Attached files
Sarky
Rep:
?
How helpful :rolleyes:
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
just dont do what she did is all im saying, you are female after all.. the whole 'female brotherhood' thing yeah (feminists)
technik
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
driving is easy...driving in an unnatural way like you have to do to pass the test for some examiners benefit is the hard bit.
Sparkling_Jules
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I hated every minute of every lesson I had (about 30 hours in all!), I was so glad that I passed and never had to see that awful man again!!!
PublicSchoolAnn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)
I'm very scared :eek: :eek:
Whoop tis fun dont be scared. My driving instructor was HOT! Well would have been hotter if he didnt have such a god awful accent.
Sarky
Rep:
?
(Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
Whoop tis fun dont be scared. My driving instructor was HOT! Well would have been hotter if he didnt have such a god awful accent.
Thanks babe
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sarky)
I'm very scared :eek: :eek:
Goodluck Sarky! And if you need tips on reverse parallel parking ( ) feel free to PM me - just spent the whole of Monday afternoon covering that. I think I've got it down pat...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (18)
21.95%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (18)
21.95%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (46)
56.1%

Watched Threads