The Student Room Group

Do I still have a chance of doing good in my English lit gcse?

So English lit is in 9 days and I haven’t started revising yet, I got a grade 6 in my November mocks and 4 in February mocks, I need a grade 6 minimum, can I still do it.
I haven’t done any revision, no quote analysis or anything and now I’m just overwhelmed lmao
Reply 1
its definitely possible! just make sure to revise and have quotes memorised with detailed analysis.
i recommend learning a basic paragraph structure which is better than the basic point evidence explain that most people use.
for this you can watch videos from mr. bruff and mr everything english, as they are amazing at explaining.
overall your analysis and connecting it to the writers intention and the context of the time is most important, so if you dont know these already id recommend looking into them!
but yeah anythings possible if you put your mind to it :smile: you can definitely get at least a 6 if you start revising today.
Start some revision now.

If you need advice on exam technique and how to answer questions to maximise your score then do contact your teacher.

Never give up. When you feel overwhelmed write a 'to do list' just for that day. Just focus on these items and remember that whatever work you do will improve your final score.
Original post by Bubbles404
So English lit is in 9 days and I haven’t started revising yet, I got a grade 6 in my November mocks and 4 in February mocks, I need a grade 6 minimum, can I still do it.
I haven’t done any revision, no quote analysis or anything and now I’m just overwhelmed lmao

get a tutor for these last few days, they can give you expert advice
Reply 4
Original post by niqabiforever21
get a tutor for these last few days, they can give you expert advice

They’re too expensive 😭
Reply 5

Nah ur defo cooked prayer is prolly the only way out.

just search up essay plans for whatever 2 books you are being assessed on for paper 1, summarise the info and make flashcards on the quizlet website of the info. print these as well as about 3 quotes for each (which can be applicable to any question topic), revise the cards every day and i promise youll be fine xx
Reply 7
Original post by rotims
nah ur defo cooked prayer is prolly the only way out.

lmao thats what my english teacher said 😭😭

Quick Reply