The Student Room Group

Fitness for a gcse student

Hi I am a Gcse student and have been stressed out a lot lately so have been eating worse/ stopped exercise and clubs in order to revise. My BMI is on the edge of overweight and am not happy with my physique i was wondering if any girls had been in my position before and how they combatted this after stressful exams or in the summer holidays so i can go back to sixth form more confident?

(I have tried crash diets before not worked well long term tho)
Omg dude I feel you 🙁. I lost around 7 kilograms during my IGCSEs because I'd be studying continuously and I'd just forget to eat to the point where my ribs started to show. Honestly, if you feel like you can't give any time to your physique at all at the moment, just forget about it and keep grinding. Just know that after all of it's over and the stress is gone, you'll have all the time in the world to work on yourself not just physically, but mentally as well. I took sort of a gap year after my igs and I'll be starting sixth form in sep, and my body weight's gone back to normal! Instead of doing crash diets try incorporating balanced salads and snacks into your diet, or eat smaller but more frequent portions. Playing a sport you like can help tone your body and also relax your mind. Try to get into a nice routine so that when you start sixth form you'll have your health and studying balanced :smile:
Reply 2
Thanks for the advice best of luck in september for alevels which did you choose(just out of interest?)
It's nice to hear from somebody in similar shoes.
Original post by akinablood
Thanks for the advice best of luck in september for alevels which did you choose(just out of interest?)
It's nice to hear from somebody in similar shoes.

No problem, I've chosen Math, Physics, and Chemistry.

Quick Reply

Latest