The Student Room Group

Non-EU citizen doing ERASMUS in Hungary

Hello Everyone! I’m a non-EU (Sri Lankan) student studying in Romania. I have a Romanian temporary residence permit (for studies) for the duration of my study period.

I recently got an offer to do Erasmus in university in Hungary for the upcoming year.

My question is do I have to apply for a Hungarian Type D student visa to enter and do the Erasmus programme in Hungary? Or is there another way for the visa/permit, e.g. I heard there's something called a ‘Student Mobility Certificate’ (also called ‘Student Mobility Notification’) which allows me to enter and study in Hungary without needing to apply for any visa. Has anyone been in a similar situation?

The uni in Hungary doesn’t seem to know much about it and neither does my current uni.

I would really appreciate your*help.*Thanks!

Quick Reply