The Student Room Group

help I can't catch my bf looking

I try wearing something revealing but I never catch him staring and he always just maintains eye contact... I know it sounds wrong but I think he's just interested in my face and not my body.
Original post by Anonymous
I try wearing something revealing but I never catch him staring and he always just maintains eye contact... I know it sounds wrong but I think he's just interested in my face and not my body.

maybe he doesn't want to make you feel like he only cares about your body, and he looks in your eyes to show that he cares more about you. maintaining eye contact is really hard for some people, so maybe it's not that he's more interested in your face, maybe he just wants you to feel comfortable in wearing what you want without him having to comment on it. or, he doesn't even realise that you're trying to impress him, and eye contact is just something he does when he's talking to you.

but nevertheless, does it seem like he's trying to "avoid" looking at your body- or does it literally just seem like he doesn't really notice? because ik as a girl, sometimes little things can make me spiral into thinking it's a lot bigger than it's meant to be- maybe that's what is happening here. and i'm in no way trying to tell you that you're overreacting or anything 😭 but maybe he just prefers to look at you in the eyes rather than scan your body. if he never compliments you on your clothing or just you in general then i'd be a bit worried...we all need hyping up sometimes tbh 💀
maybe he doesn't want to make you feel like he only cares about your body, and he looks in your eyes to show that he cares more about you. maintaining eye contact is really hard for some people, so maybe it's not that he's more interested in your face, maybe he just wants you to feel comfortable in wearing what you want without him having to comment on it. or, he doesn't even realise that you're trying to impress him, and eye contact is just something he does when he's talking to you.
but nevertheless, does it seem like he's trying to "avoid" looking at your body- or does it literally just seem like he doesn't really notice? because ik as a girl, sometimes little things can make me spiral into thinking it's a lot bigger than it's meant to be- maybe that's what is happening here. and i'm in no way trying to tell you that you're overreacting or anything 😭 but maybe he just prefers to look at you in the eyes rather than scan your body. if he never compliments you on your clothing or just you in general then i'd be a bit worried...we all need hyping up sometimes tbh 💀

I agree with this. I think he's just trying to be a gentleman and show that he's with you because of your face /personality and not because of your body.

As a guy, we can often get demonised by sexualising women, and we can be made to feel like we're bad people for looking at a girls body (even our own girlfriends, oh yes!). Not sure how long you've been together, but in the early stages we're often advised not to perve too much, or it'll put the girl off us, and we're just another creepy pervy guy she can't wait to get away from .

It's just a suggestion, and feel free to discard if you're not comfortable with it, but maybe you should give him a sign that it's OK for him to look (perve) at you? Assuming you're both of legal age, maybe you could try giving him something like a striptease / lap dance? Better still, tie him up so he can't escape (and it puts you in control) lol. Maybe ask if he's got a particular fantasy or outfit he'd like to see you in?
Reply 3
Or your personality more than your body?

I don't see that there's a problem here.
since when was this a bad thing. just because a guy looks at your body more doesn't mean he liked you more anyway

Interested in your body you mean and not you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending