The Student Room Group

Best distance psych conversion course

Hello! I have a job I’d like to keep in Asia but would love to be able to work in the field of psychology ( therapy or teaching). Would BPS accreditation be crucial in deciding on a programme? I was looking at kings college neuroscience prog but noticed it is not accredited. Does anyone have great experiences they can share with any school for a masters level programme?
Original post by Mmartin75
Hello! I have a job I’d like to keep in Asia but would love to be able to work in the field of psychology ( therapy or teaching). Would BPS accreditation be crucial in deciding on a programme? I was looking at kings college neuroscience prog but noticed it is not accredited. Does anyone have great experiences they can share with any school for a masters level programme?

The BPS accreditation is realistically only useful if you're planning on staying in the UK to practice psychology. That being said, BPS accreditation also works as a mark of the quality of the course, so I would avoid studying any psychology degree that doesn't have BPS accreditation.

KCL neuroscience is not accredited because it's not a psychology degree.
Reply 2
Thank you so much!

Quick Reply