The Student Room Group

is it weird not to have snapchat at 16?

everyone my age always finds it weird that i dont have snapchat, and its not that im unpopular or dont have friends, but i just dont want that app where there are so many strangers can flirt with me cause it has happened before. My friends even tell me stories of the conversations they have on snapchat. My friends dont care now, but im moving to a new school for sixth form and im afraid people will find me weird there because snapchat is kind of a staple app, and everyone says whatsapp is for old people
Original post by Anonymous
everyone my age always finds it weird that i dont have snapchat, and its not that im unpopular or dont have friends, but i just dont want that app where there are so many strangers can flirt with me cause it has happened before. My friends even tell me stories of the conversations they have on snapchat. My friends dont care now, but im moving to a new school for sixth form and im afraid people will find me weird there because snapchat is kind of a staple app, and everyone says whatsapp is for old people

Mate don’t listen to them Snapchat overrated anyways, it was a hit back in 2012/2014 yeah I got Snapchat in 2022 yeah that knowing and I’m old I didn’t get my first phone till 2018 and it’s not due to popularity or anything. I had to wait for my first job and just was unaware of it that’s all. WhatsApp your everyday to day communication and you can equally do the same thing on WhatsApp just as Snapchat apart from video call. There’s nothing to feel socially awkward about or weirded over. Even imsg an instant hit
Reply 2
Original post by Mohammed_2000
Mate don’t listen to them Snapchat overrated anyways, it was a hit back in 2012/2014 yeah I got Snapchat in 2022 yeah that knowing and I’m old I didn’t get my first phone till 2018 and it’s not due to popularity or anything. I had to wait for my first job and just was unaware of it that’s all. WhatsApp your everyday to day communication and you can equally do the same thing on WhatsApp just as Snapchat apart from video call. There’s nothing to feel socially awkward about or weirded over. Even imsg an instant hit

ok thank you i was just kinda awkward cause people in my school all say stuff like how they cant imagine someone in this generation not having snapchat, but icl they are just losers for having their lives revolve around social media. olus the true friends are the ones who wont judge me for this right? you are right thank you
I didn't get snapchat until I was 16.5 years old and that was only to keep in touch with some of my friends. I never felt pressured by my friends to use snapchat or social media in general. Even now, I don't use it that much.
You don't need it if you don't want to use it! There's absolutely no shame in that. 🙂
ok thank you i was just kinda awkward cause people in my school all say stuff like how they cant imagine someone in this generation not having snapchat, but icl they are just losers for having their lives revolve around social media. olus the true friends are the ones who wont judge me for this right? you are right thank you

Yeah like you don’t have a life if your on socials 24/7

Honestly don't worry about them. I'm 16 and don't have Snapchat, it just seems stupid. I have WhatsApp and Instagram, that's enough.
Reply 6
Original post by Lilacfern
Honestly don't worry about them. I'm 16 and don't have Snapchat, it just seems stupid. I have WhatsApp and Instagram, that's enough.

IKR its such a dumb app like why do the messages dissappear after 24 hours, and why does it let the other person know if u take a screenshot. this is a literal breeding ground for groomers . not going anywhere near it.
IKR its such a dumb app like why do the messages dissappear after 24 hours, and why does it let the other person know if u take a screenshot. this is a literal breeding ground for groomers . not going anywhere near it.

Only reason why it’s used is to take pictures like you can’t do that with camera on your phone and send via WhatsApp or imsg
Reply 8
Original post by Mohammed_2000
Only reason why it’s used is to take pictures like you can’t do that with camera on your phone and send via WhatsApp or imsg

what like those filters?
what like those filters?

I’m sure you can do those filters on other apps or like make edits applying those filters

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending