The Student Room Group

Failing essential unit?

Hi I think I might fail my DEU (essential) unit. I wouldn't be too worried if I knew for sure I could resit. Coursework can usually be resubmited but the mark is capped at pass mark. But the coursework is only part of the grade (part of the grade isn't really resubmitable as its what we did in lab). So if the coursework isn't capped at 40% but the overall grade is, then thats okay because I can make up for it with a resubmitted coursework. But if the coursework is itself capped at 40%, I'm screwed. I'm at University of Bath. Does anyone know whats standard for this kinda thing?
Original post by Tom908
Hi I think I might fail my DEU (essential) unit. I wouldn't be too worried if I knew for sure I could resit. Coursework can usually be resubmited but the mark is capped at pass mark. But the coursework is only part of the grade (part of the grade isn't really resubmitable as its what we did in lab). So if the coursework isn't capped at 40% but the overall grade is, then thats okay because I can make up for it with a resubmitted coursework. But if the coursework is itself capped at 40%, I'm screwed. I'm at University of Bath. Does anyone know whats standard for this kinda thing?

You're better off emailing the module organiser and asking them.
Original post by Tom908

Hi Tom908,

I would definitely consider having a meeting with your Tutor or Academics linked to this specific module, or your Module Leader to talk about your options and what can be done. It's always worth a try and this can also help to settle worries if you're nervous about what's to come. You could always apply for extenuating/mitigating circumstances depending on what your current circumstances are, but again - you can discuss this with your academics.

I hope you manage to get a good result!

~Zaynab
University of Bradford

Quick Reply