The Student Room Group

Urgent help needed

I decided to resit after getting not-so-good A-Level results and missing my offers. I applied with my resits and got an offer along side doing an new A-level. I want to now withdraw from my uni and resits and do them next year instead because I feel like I will get the same grade in them (I have had external circumstances but I don't think my unis count them as acceptable) so I will just act like I wanted to take a gap year instead - I'd rather not waste my one chance at a resit.
But I still wanna do the new A-level as I feel I could do well in it and maybe help me get through clearing, but I believe that would count as a resit (despite it being new and done for the first time) and make my actual resits next year multiple sittings which will be looked down upon. Should I drop out of the extra A-level as well? I need help as my exams are in less than 2 weeks and I don't know if I should withdraw or not.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
i would say having to withdraw right now is losing your risk of being able to reapply next year again, because the unis do have a log of how many times you applied so maybe itll put you in a disadvantage and you never know how theyll see it from their point of view as they cant take every individual as a whole experience as everyone does have personal problems but the uni cannot look into that for every person,
I am a resit aswell and panicking loads about it, but i think this shot is not worth losing.
Plus you never know if the syllabus will change next year and also besides all that, there were rumors about the ucas application changing starting next year, so i think its more pressurising.
Reply 2
Original post by ly2021
i would say having to withdraw right now is losing your risk of being able to reapply next year again, because the unis do have a log of how many times you applied so maybe itll put you in a disadvantage and you never know how theyll see it from their point of view as they cant take every individual as a whole experience as everyone does have personal problems but the uni cannot look into that for every person,
I am a resit aswell and panicking loads about it, but i think this shot is not worth losing.
Plus you never know if the syllabus will change next year and also besides all that, there were rumors about the ucas application changing starting next year, so i think its more pressurising.

UCL stated "We consider each application individually, and previous applications will not have any effect on any future applications you were to make."

I feel like failing my resits is way more detrimental than doing my resits after a gap year but I also feel like I'm losing an opportunity so I'm unsure
Reply 3
Original post by aruyari
UCL stated "We consider each application individually, and previous applications will not have any effect on any future applications you were to make."
I feel like failing my resits is way more detrimental than doing my resits after a gap year but I also feel like I'm losing an opportunity so I'm unsure

whatever your gut is telling you should be what u go for, i dont really know what subjects you do in particular but i do reckon if your exams start in 2 weeks, youd already have known the basics and if you GRIND on revision for the next 2 weeks you will save your self a whole gap year, but its up to you at the end of the day xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending