The Student Room Group

chem edexcel a level

i just have a general question about paper 3 and the marks for it.
lets say for instance i get in a range of 75-80/120.
i do know grade boundaries do affect what grade its equivalent to, but i just want to know just that paper, based on a range how much approximately would i be graded for it individually, a C? or B?
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by ly2021
i just have a general question about paper 3 and the marks for it.
lets say for instance i get in a range of 75-80/120.
i do know grade boundaries do affect what grade its equivalent to, but i just want to know just that paper, based on a range how much approximately would i be graded for it individually, a C? or B?

You can find notional component grade boundaries for each year on the Edexcel website. https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/results-certification/grade-boundaries.html?Qualification-Family=AS-and-A-level

It really depends on which paper 3 you are talking about. In 2022, a mark in that range could be either an A or a B. In 2018, however, it would have been a B.

Note that the notional component grade boundaries are mostly meaningless - the point is more to illustrate which papers were better performed and to give teachers using individual papers as mocks a guideline as to how to grade their students fairly. In practice, your individual exam papers won’t receive a grade and you may well perform better on the “worse” papers as they may assess more of your better areas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending