The Student Room Group

English literature ocr a level coursework

Hi guys,
I recently got my grade back for my coursework for reference the drama and poetry was Carol Ann Duffys rapture and we got to choose a poem and for our other one we did a streetcar named desire and reflections in a golden eye comparison.
For drama n poetry I got 13/15 and for the other I got 22/25
So in total i got 35/40 which is an A .
Do u think I should resubmit it and see if I can get an A*?
Hey, I don't study English but I'm assuming like most A level coursework, your school marks it and it was likely marked by multiple teachers, one who did the initial grade and another to modify it. I really doubt they would change it to an A*. You could always try as you have a right to repeal the mark but it's unlikely your school would change it. If you do try to get it appealed by the school it will be marked by a different teacher (however usually heads of departments already modify all the grades and would likely back up the teacher who marked it). I'm also assuming your coursework is 20% of your grade so if you want an A* there's 80% of marks in the exam.
Reply 2
Original post by Caitlinnn.
Hey, I don't study English but I'm assuming like most A level coursework, your school marks it and it was likely marked by multiple teachers, one who did the initial grade and another to modify it. I really doubt they would change it to an A*. You could always try as you have a right to repeal the mark but it's unlikely your school would change it. If you do try to get it appealed by the school it will be marked by a different teacher (however usually heads of departments already modify all the grades and would likely back up the teacher who marked it). I'm also assuming your coursework is 20% of your grade so if you want an A* there's 80% of marks in the exam.

Ok thank youu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending