The Student Room Group

What Uni is best for child nursing?

So I’ve got offers from Glasgow Caledonian,Dundee and Edinburgh Napier University and was wondering if anyone knows which one is best to go to for child nursing?
Original post by Bella.Sina
So I’ve got offers from Glasgow Caledonian,Dundee and Edinburgh Napier University and was wondering if anyone knows which one is best to go to for child nursing?
Hi Bella

It doesn't matter what university you go to for your children nursing degree as long as you qualify with a credited degree which you'll have with doing it with the NHS Scotland and universities here
Glasgow Caledonian has a larger selection of hospitals that have children wards compared to Edinburgh Napier as they only have the new royal Sick children hospital next to Edinburgh royal infirmary and St John's ( Livingston) only has two children wards ?

Can't tell you about Dundee.

I would suggest Glasgow Caledonian just because of the larger selection of hospitals they have for placements.

NHS Scotland registered midwife with greater Glasgow and Clyde health board, I did my degree at Edinburgh Napier.
Original post by Bella.Sina

Hey, :wavey:

We would suggest to go to look around the universities or attend open days as then you will be able to determine which university is best for you!

Everyone has different wants and needs when it comes to studying at university and everyone will have different opinions on which university is best.

Check out the universities websites to see if there are any open days coming up. Open days are great because you can meet the academics, chat to current students and check out the facilities.

If not, you can also contact the university to see if you can come and visit to be able to make your mind up.

I hope this helps and good luck finding the right university for you. :thumbsup:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending