The Student Room Group

will i fail

i havent started any revision yet, and my first gcse is on the 10th (biology). i got 5s and 6's in mocks, is it possible to not fail every gcse and achieve all grade 7's+?
Original post by daappdk
i havent started any revision yet, and my first gcse is on the 10th (biology). i got 5s and 6's in mocks, is it possible to not fail every gcse and achieve all grade 7's+?

YES, just stop worrying, worrying about the grades you’re gonna get is just gonna stress you out! take a bloody breather + get grinding! if it makes you feel better one months before my gcse i got a 6 in my english lit mock and came out with a 9 in the real exam. with no intention to boast, i just wanted to say i was also worrying like you, but it’s definitely possible if you put ur heart to it! good luck with your revision, you got this fella !!
Original post by mizerable
YES, just stop worrying, worrying about the grades you’re gonna get is just gonna stress you out! take a bloody breather + get grinding! if it makes you feel better one months before my gcse i got a 6 in my english lit mock and came out with a 9 in the real exam. with no intention to boast, i just wanted to say i was also worrying like you, but it’s definitely possible if you put ur heart to it! good luck with your revision, you got this fella !!

Hi I just want to ask if you did a lot of revision to get that 9 or if you did no revision at all?
i did a lot of questions up to the lead up of the exams and i really did enjoy english as a whole, it was just interesting.. doing questions are life savers + also use mr salles videos to find unique interpretations of your course books :smile: no revision at all is bluff, everyone has done at least a tiny bit of work to get their really good grades! good luck studying !!!
Original post by mizerable
i did a lot of questions up to the lead up of the exams and i really did enjoy english as a whole, it was just interesting.. doing questions are life savers + also use mr salles videos to find unique interpretations of your course books :smile: no revision at all is bluff, everyone has done at least a tiny bit of work to get their really good grades! good luck studying !!!

I’m sorry if I’m asking a lot of questions but I also want to ask how do you revise english language??
Original post by anonymous7070
I’m sorry if I’m asking a lot of questions but I also want to ask how do you revise english language??
it’s alright, always welcome to ask questions! english language is all about doing sm sm questions and to be fair most of my excellent grade came from the help of mr salles on yt, so please use him as help! i don’t remember much of my techniques, but i found the peel structure extremely restrictive, it’s nice to create paragraphs of interlinking points which will you will gradually find easier with practice.. you must always include your key words like ‘accentuate’, ‘suggest’, ‘exaggerate’ etc and of course your language techniques when referencing the text. just go above and beyond, be creative with your answers 🙂
Hi, year 12 student here.
Yes, if you start working really hard up till the tenth. Don’t pull all nighters. You need a mixture of work hard and work smart.

To work smart: Traffic light your weaknesses and work on the red bits as a high priority. At the beginning of a revision session, use flashcards to test where your memory is strongest (you can use Quizlet for this). Watch videos on YouTube on your red areas, then do topic-based questions on them.

Quick Reply