The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Transferring to Glasgow University

Hi, Im currently in my first year in Accounting at Caledonian University but I really want to reapply or transfer to Glasgow University because of various reasons. When I applied through UCAS last year, I was given a conditional offer to both universities, however the conditions to Caledonian were lower and I met them and not Glasgow's entrance requirements. I’m willing to retake a higher to get a better grade if they require the same requirements for highers. But i’m just wondering if completing first year and possibly second year too would give me a better chance?

This is a real long shot - but is there any chance I could request a transfer to Glasgow? For various reasons I just feel like I'd be better at University of Glasgow, is there any point even phoning to ask or is it just completely pointless?
ask or you'll never know, you won't lose anything by asking and if you don't then you might regret it!
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, Im currently in my first year in Accounting at Caledonian University but I really want to reapply or transfer to Glasgow University because of various reasons. When I applied through UCAS last year, I was given a conditional offer to both universities, however the conditions to Caledonian were lower and I met them and not Glasgow's entrance requirements. I’m willing to retake a higher to get a better grade if they require the same requirements for highers. But i’m just wondering if completing first year and possibly second year too would give me a better chance?
This is a real long shot - but is there any chance I could request a transfer to Glasgow? For various reasons I just feel like I'd be better at University of Glasgow, is there any point even phoning to ask or is it just completely pointless?
Hello!

You can read our full policy on transfer requests on our website here: www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/entryrequirements/policy/#universitytransfer

As a general rule, the University does not accept applications from UK students to transfer from another institution unless there are extenuating circumstances.

Our extenuating circumstances policy can be found here: www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/entryrequirements/policy/#extenuatingcircumstances

All transfer requests must be made through UCAS and will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Applications from students currently studying at another Higher Education Institution must meet the current SQA Higher or A level entry requirements to be considered for an offer.

I hope this is helpful!

Ben, 3rd Year
PhD Theatre Studies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending