The Student Room Group

Reimbursement from University

One of my courses I took had a group of us plan an event which cost me around £110 which would be reimbursed by the university as told by the course coordinators. This happened in November (we sent off application for the reimbursement that same month) me and other people have not gotten our money back. I have contacted my own course coordinator and the course I tooks coordinators and found out around 3 months ago that for some reason the finance department was shut and they're currently dealing with the backlog. I emailed my own course coordinator again and he has gotten in touch with them and told me he'd email me a response as soon as he gets one (this was 2 weeks ago). Exam season is now nearly over and I'm going to graduate soon so I'm worried I'm not going to get my money back. I'm unsure what to do next and I've even considered if there is a possibility of me taking legal action.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous17771
One of my courses I took had a group of us plan an event which cost me around £110 which would be reimbursed by the university as told by the course coordinators. This happened in November (we sent off application for the reimbursement that same month) me and other people have not gotten our money back. I have contacted my own course coordinator and the course I tooks coordinators and found out around 3 months ago that for some reason the finance department was shut and they're currently dealing with the backlog. I emailed my own course coordinator again and he has gotten in touch with them and told me he'd email me a response as soon as he gets one (this was 2 weeks ago). Exam season is now nearly over and I'm going to graduate soon so I'm worried I'm not going to get my money back. I'm unsure what to do next and I've even considered if there is a possibility of me taking legal action.

If the university owes you money that debt is not suddenly going to vanish when you graduate.

I would chase this up with your course coordinator, and also with the finance department.

If you have no luck, then you could look into your university's complaints procedure. You should also discuss this with your student union to see if they can advise/help.

Bear in mind that taking legal action will cost you money -- probably more than the £110 you're claiming.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending