The Student Room Group

How to fall asleep easily with a bad sleep schedule

I have a uni exam that starts at 10am tomorrow (Tuesday). For the past while I have been following a VERY BAD sleep schedule that I still haven't got out of (my fault entirely). Therefore, I am wondering if there are any tips to help to get asleep early tonight (around or shortly after midnight).
I will try to exercise a bit before sleeping and will get a bit less sleep that usual tonight to make myself a bit more tired tomorrow. I also think a bit of alcohol might not be so bad at making me drowsy.
Worst case scenario I will have to take a sleeping pill or two, but I don't want to do that as I'm afraid it might cause me to sleep past my alarm.
Is there any other tricks to falling asleep out of schedule?
Original post by jlocordner332
I have a uni exam that starts at 10am tomorrow (Tuesday). For the past while I have been following a VERY BAD sleep schedule that I still haven't got out of (my fault entirely). Therefore, I am wondering if there are any tips to help to get asleep early tonight (around or shortly after midnight).
I will try to exercise a bit before sleeping and will get a bit less sleep that usual tonight to make myself a bit more tired tomorrow. I also think a bit of alcohol might not be so bad at making me drowsy.
Worst case scenario I will have to take a sleeping pill or two, but I don't want to do that as I'm afraid it might cause me to sleep past my alarm.

Why would you drink alcohol, you have an exam and need to focus not get high and drunk, going to asleep at 12am makes no sense either get your regulated 8 hours sleep mate go 10pm wake up at 6 give your time to prepare for your exam.
Reply 2
Original post by jlocordner332

use the 1 and a half hour sleeping rule - after every 1.5 hours, your body goes into a deep sleep so it will be harder to wake up then.
first 1.5 hrs of sleep - light sleep
second 1.5 hrs - deep sleep
third - light sleep etc.
make sure you time your alarm to make you wake up in a light sleep period so you wake up fresher and easier

Quick Reply