The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL psychology and language sci bsc questions

Hi! I originally intended on taking bsc psych at ucl, but got rejected. Instead, i got an offer for ucl psych and language sciences. as someone who aspires to become a clinical psychologist, should I consider taking up psych and language sci? would I still be able to do a masters in clinical psychology with this bsc, and if yes, would it decrease my chances of getting into a clinical psych masters programme at a reputable university? current students, any help would be highly appreciated. thank you!
Original post by lanlan21
Hi! I originally intended on taking bsc psych at ucl, but got rejected. Instead, i got an offer for ucl psych and language sciences. as someone who aspires to become a clinical psychologist, should I consider taking up psych and language sci? would I still be able to do a masters in clinical psychology with this bsc, and if yes, would it decrease my chances of getting into a clinical psych masters programme at a reputable university? current students, any help would be highly appreciated. thank you!

UCL's BSc in Psychology and Language Sciences is accredited by the BPS and confers eligibility for the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (which is essentially for your chosen career path). It should therefore present no problem whatsoever if you wanted to take a Master's in Clinical Psychology subsequently.

(I should point out that as you aspire to become a Clinical Psychologist, you will need a doctorate in Clinical Psychology before you can register with the HCPC and then practice Psychology in the UK.)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending