The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

(Kingston university offer) changing my major

I actually got on offer from Kingston University, however I received a mail that they would like to offer me a place on an alternative degree course (Creative Industries: Design Marketing.), not an course I applied-Fashion suite of courses.

I'm not sure if choosing this design marketing course is a good choice for me as I originally wanted to major in fashion design… I am still waiting to hear back from other universities. If I decide to go for the Design Marketing course, is there any way I can study fashion-related courses in Kingston? I am an international student, so the system of UK universities is confusing.

I'll want some advices.
Original post by Anonymous
I actually got on offer from Kingston University, however I received a mail that they would like to offer me a place on an alternative degree course (Creative Industries: Design Marketing.), not an course I applied-Fashion suite of courses.
I'm not sure if choosing this design marketing course is a good choice for me as I originally wanted to major in fashion design… I am still waiting to hear back from other universities. If I decide to go for the Design Marketing course, is there any way I can study fashion-related courses in Kingston? I am an international student, so the system of UK universities is confusing.
I'll want some advices.

Hi,

Congratulations on your offer at Kingston! With any creative course at Kingston you can use any of the workshops at the Kingston School of Art campus, so you could use the fashion facilities. However on that particular course I don't believe you will be taught things related to fashion design.

Because the fashion design course at Kingston is a highly rated and successful it is very competitive. Some students may take a foundation course or a gap year to work on their portfolio and then re-apply to the course. I feel you should go for what you are passionate about.

Just to clarify you choose one course in the UK to study and then the course will have modules that are kind of like subtopics of the course, so make sure to check out the modules/course content on the website to find out what you will be studying. Creative and Cultural Industries: Design Marketing BA (Hons) degree course - London undergraduate courses - Kingston University London

Hope this helps :smile:
-Grace (Kingston Rep)
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending