The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

What is Clearing?

Hi TSR!

If you’re worried you won’t get the grades you need to get into university, don’t panic! You can still apply to university through Clearing.

You may not have achieved the grades you hoped for, changed your mind about the course or university you've already applied to or decided to go to university at the last minute. Either way, Clearing offers you a chance to find a full-time undergraduate course starting in September.

Before you start, it's important to do some research. Take the time to explore what course you want to study and where you want to study it. You can gather information by visiting universities on Open Days or simply visiting their website. If, like me, you found out about Clearing on results day, make sure you know the course entry requirements and the Clearing hotline number. This preparation will help you feel more confident and prepared.

I remember calling the BCU Clearing line almost three years ago. The person I spoke to was incredibly kind and supportive, patiently guiding me through the process. Despite the initial stress, I quickly realized that I was in good hands. This support made all the difference, reassuring me that I didn’t need to worry about anything.

It was quite a stressful day for me, but because of the supportive staff working the Clearing line, I quickly realised I didn’t need to worry about anything.

To find out more about Clearing, click here. You can download a guide to support you with the Clearing process and find answers to frequently asked questions.

Good luck!

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.
(edited 2 months ago)
yh but what is it
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by cheesybugger76
yh but what is it

Hi @cheesybugger76

You can follow the link in my orginal post, or click here, to find out exactly 'what' Clearing is. 🙂

However, if you have any specific questions, I am happy to try and answer them for you.

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep.

Quick Reply