The Student Room Group

How do I found out which history grade boundary is mine?

I do edexcel history, my subjects are Crime and Punishment, Weimar and Nazi Germany, American West, and Anglo-saxon and Norman England. On the edexcel grade boundaries, there's a lot of different grade boundaries, and I don't know which is mine. I did the code calculator thing on the website, but the code I got isn't on the grade boundaries, it just showed me two letters. How do I find out what grade boundary I should look at, what do I do??
Reply 1
Original post by evxta.g
I do edexcel history, my subjects are Crime and Punishment, Weimar and Nazi Germany, American West, and Anglo-saxon and Norman England. On the edexcel grade boundaries, there's a lot of different grade boundaries, and I don't know which is mine. I did the code calculator thing on the website, but the code I got isn't on the grade boundaries, it just showed me two letters. How do I find out what grade boundary I should look at, what do I do??

You can only look at the grade boundaries for the previous years and not your own.You should probably know that the grade boundaries are calculated after everyone sat the test and it has been marked.I had a look and there are at least 3 pages of grades,I would choose a mean or ask previous year 11n's if you know any or the best bet is your history teacher.From the website: https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/GCSE/2306-gcse-9-1-subject-grade-boundaries.pdf it looks like you would need 140/168-83% for a 9 or 127/168 for 8's and so on.
Reply 2
Original post by satviks
You can only look at the grade boundaries for the previous years and not your own.You should probably know that the grade boundaries are calculated after everyone sat the test and it has been marked.I had a look and there are at least 3 pages of grades,I would choose a mean or ask previous year 11n's if you know any or the best bet is your history teacher.From the website: https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Grade-boundaries/GCSE/2306-gcse-9-1-subject-grade-boundaries.pdf it looks like you would need 140/168-83% for a 9 or 127/168 for 8's and so on.

Yes, I know, sorry if my question doesn't really make sense. What I'm trying to ask is, in the grade boundaries from the past years for history, there are around 30 choices to choose from, and I don't know which one is mine. How do I figure out the code for my choices to know which grade boundary to look at? I just want to mark my papers according to the old grade boundaries from 2023 to get a good idea of how I'm doing. Hope this is more understandable :smile:
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 3
Original post by evxta.g
Yes, I know, sorry if my question doesn't really make sense. What I'm trying to ask is, in the grade boundaries from the past years for history, there are around 30 choices to choose from, and I don't know which one is mine. How do I figure out the code for my choices to know which grade boundary to look at? I just want to mark my papers according to the old grade boundaries from 2023 to get a good idea of how I'm doing. Hope this is more understandable :smile:

Yh,I am not quite sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending