The Student Room Group

history a level

WHat would be the best way to revise history A Level? I am struggling to keep ontop of all the facts and events. I am study South Africa, and USA 1917-80 and get confused between the events and significances. Any tips? thanks
Reply 1
In my experience, flashcards, particularly Anki so the recall is spaced out. I prefer to have lots of flashcards with smaller bits of information, opposed to a smaller number of cards but with more information, I find this easier to remember but everyone is different. That way I can break down each key event. For example:
When did the Profumo Affair come to light?
Who was involved with the Profumo Affair?
Social impact of the Profumo Affair?
Political impact of the Profumo Affair?
What other events does the Profumo Affair link to?
All of these I have as separate flashcards. Hope this helps, best of luck!
Reply 2
I second anki - it has been so useful for remembering specific info.

Question planning is also really useful - perhaps form a plan (factors + specific facts + line of argument) in one colour and then look at your notes and add additional info in another colour
Original post by pjf1215
In my experience, flashcards, particularly Anki so the recall is spaced out. I prefer to have lots of flashcards with smaller bits of information, opposed to a smaller number of cards but with more information, I find this easier to remember but everyone is different. That way I can break down each key event. For example:
When did the Profumo Affair come to light?
Who was involved with the Profumo Affair?
Social impact of the Profumo Affair?
Political impact of the Profumo Affair?
What other events does the Profumo Affair link to?
All of these I have as separate flashcards. Hope this helps, best of luck!

do you do 1G Britain Challenges & Transformations 1851-1965?
Reply 4
Original post by ClineRob
do you do 1G Britain Challenges & Transformations 1851-1965?

No, Making of Modern Britain :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending