The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Failing one module

Hi, so I've passed all my other modules except one. I'm in second year and this is for a film module. The coursework is due very soon but I am really struggling at the moment. I can't seem to find the exact rules for what happens if you fail, would they just let you resubmit the coursework over the summer? Or would you have to resit the module next year?
Original post by ol1verr
Hi, so I've passed all my other modules except one. I'm in second year and this is for a film module. The coursework is due very soon but I am really struggling at the moment. I can't seem to find the exact rules for what happens if you fail, would they just let you resubmit the coursework over the summer? Or would you have to resit the module next year?

Hi there

I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with one of your modules. This is the general guidance on resits: Resits - Help - University of Kent. But it may also depend on the specific module you have taken, contacting your module convenor may provide you with further information. Regarding the coursework, have you perhaps reached out to any of your seminar leaders, or module convenor for help? You may be able to ask for an extension, which may be useful.

Good luck.
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Quick Reply