The Student Room Group

Study advice needed

I am doing my ACCA accounting exams. I have completed one exam out of the last four exams. (I am almost there!! )

However, I am now starting study for the second exam.

I am struggling on how to start with my revision because this a totally new subject area for me. I purchased an online course; do you recommend I listen to the classes the first time round without making notes and then I listen again and make notes and take in the information.

I really don't know how to go about this especially with a new subject and new topics. This is making me procrastinate a lot! I don't want to waste more days! I want to book my exam for Sept.
If your sitting the September exam, then you should have more than enough time. When I was doing my exams, I used the first month to go through the material/watch videos, to get a good understanding of the concepts. After that, the remaining time was just doing as many past questions as possible, sometimes doing it to time so I could practice good time management.

Does your online course have a tuition and revision section?
Original post by nowherebutup
If your sitting the September exam, then you should have more than enough time. When I was doing my exams, I used the first month to go through the material/watch videos, to get a good understanding of the concepts. After that, the remaining time was just doing as many past questions as possible, sometimes doing it to time so I could practice good time management.
Does your online course have a tuition and revision section?

Thank you for your response,
It just has videos and they do questions as they go along; but what helped me pass my final exam was I always consumed the videos every single day - even when I was working out I was listening to the videos passively, it helped consolidate the knowledge.
Original post by MissCarter786
I am doing my ACCA accounting exams. I have completed one exam out of the last four exams. (I am almost there!! )
However, I am now starting study for the second exam.
I am struggling on how to start with my revision because this a totally new subject area for me. I purchased an online course; do you recommend I listen to the classes the first time round without making notes and then I listen again and make notes and take in the information.
I really don't know how to go about this especially with a new subject and new topics. This is making me procrastinate a lot! I don't want to waste more days! I want to book my exam for Sept.

Hi there 👋,

First of all well done on completing the first exam!

Take a look at Wrexham's latest vlog on 5 top tips to revise!: https://wrexham.ac.uk/blog/posts/five-top-tips-for-revision/

Additionally, when I am revising a new area of my chosen subject I use the following revision methods:

Making flashcards with questions and answers on: and then asking friends or family to ask the questions in a random order.

Finding online quizzes with relevant questions to my course on.

Finding mock exams on my relevant course.

Hope this helps,
Han - First Year Student Mental health Nurse
WrexhamUniReps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending