The Student Room Group

Ipad for a levels?

I am taking 4 a-levels next year, and through my GCSEs I have thought about how much I wished I had an ipad, as i've printed out hundreds of past papers and its costing me a lot of money and paper, but I am planning to take French, geography, english lit and politics a-level, so was wondering if getting an I pad would even be helpful for these subjects, as I usually complete most my past papers for my maths and sciences at GCSE. Does anyone who takes these a levels have any thoughts on whether it's a useful investment or not?
Original post by mitchellharriet
I am taking 4 a-levels next year, and through my GCSEs I have thought about how much I wished I had an ipad, as i've printed out hundreds of past papers and its costing me a lot of money and paper, but I am planning to take French, geography, english lit and politics a-level, so was wondering if getting an I pad would even be helpful for these subjects, as I usually complete most my past papers for my maths and sciences at GCSE. Does anyone who takes these a levels have any thoughts on whether it's a useful investment or not?

i didn’t take any of these a levels so my input may not be that great but if your subjects are more essay based then maybe a laptop would be good, or even better, an ipad w a keyboard attachment so you can still type and write with an apple pencil. i did maths bio and chem at a level and there wasn’t a lot of writing/typing needed so an ipad was fine for me, but for you, you may have essays to write im guessing but also annotating for example where you might want both an apple pencil/stylus and a keyboard. but ask the teachers at the open day for your sixth form/ college if you are going to any
Reply 2
Original post by mitchellharriet

it definitely is as it will last you till university too. Even a laptop is great.

Quick Reply