The Student Room Group

computer science a level project

I have watched a YouTube video for a game tutorial and made my project from it Will it cause plagiarism even though i changed some of the variables in the code?
Reply 1
Original post by harshdeep_05
I have watched a YouTube video for a game tutorial and made my project from it Will it cause plagiarism even though i changed some of the variables in the code?

If you have only changed some variables then I think it fair to say that is plagiarism. The idea behind most things in computing is that you use the tutorials and online help to learn a skill. You then apply those newly learned skills to develop something you have thought of yourself. What you appear to have done is the equivalent of copying someone's written work but changing some of the words.

The NEA is a fantastic opportunity to master the skill of coding. If you are only going to copy the tutorial one has to ask what is the point in studying computer science.
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by harshdeep_05

thats quite harsh and deep of you to steal someone else's work

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending