The Student Room Group

Studying motivation

I’m really struggling to find motivation to study. What would you recommend doing?
Reply 1
i think about results day
Reply 2
Original post by annasmith.x
I’m really struggling to find motivation to study. What would you recommend doing?
For me, I think of the dread I would feel knowing that I could've done the work and had a positive impact on my life, but I chose to procrastinate instead. If I work hard and try my best now, I won't have any regrets to carry with me for the rest of my life :smile:

just spend the day trying to revise even if u procrastinate.. i feel like i procrastinate half the time, but if i do 6hrs a day for example, thats still 3hrs of solid revision

One thing that I personally do when studying (especially if it is last minute) is listed to music that matches the speed in which I need to revise. If it is a while before the deadline and I can revise in a more relaxed manner then I put on some relaxing study music from YouTube. If the deadline is close but not close enough to be panicking then I listen to suspenseful/action movie music (e.g. mission impossible theme tune). If the work needs to be done as fast as possible then I put on the Mario Kart Star music as my brain automatically relates that sound to speed. This may sound odd and may not work for everyone but trial and error can be the best way to see what works for you. This helps me to stop procrastinating as I can tell how urgently I need to do the work by the music I am listening to and it helps my brain to focus on the task. I hope this helps you but if not don't panic, do what feels best for your brain.

Sophie (Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending