The Student Room Group

Moon gets her study up and not her funny up!! (real) (no clickbait)

˚ ⋆୨୧˚The worst trainwreck you can't look away from!
brought to you live by ME!

If you don't know me, I'm Moon, I'm in year 10 and I crave academic validation.
The problem is I'm not very smart, and tend to just guess in my exams, which has worked well, but I doubt it will in my actual exams.:bawling:

my predicted gcse grades (≧ヮ≦)

They're decent, but recently I've taken my end of years, which really sucked. So take 2 points each, that's what my new grades are probably going to be. A long way off my goals..

goal grades!! ૮ ∩´ ᵕ `∩ ྀིა

Now, the question remains of how I will achieve this..

The answer is simple. Study harder. Use different techniques that actually work for me, like drawing and visual methods!! (Also romanticising my studies, I need to become Rory Gilmore!!)

The big hurdle right now is my Spoken language exam for English. I wouldn't say I'm crowd shy, but when I'm speaking at my class I just freak out slightly and start shaking. I've been going to debate soc to improve on this, and its going well! Yay me!! :thumbsup:
stick around lovelies!! ദ്ദി(˵ •̀ - ˵ )
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
Forgot to mention, I literally just got one of my results. It was german and i got a 7! :grin:
what is your speaking exam topic?
and have ou tried seneca and gizmo?
they are very helpful websites tha have increased my grades by 1 or 2 each time- i am in year 11 now
Reply 3
Original post by niqabiforever21
what is your speaking exam topic?
and have ou tried seneca and gizmo?
they are very helpful websites tha have increased my grades by 1 or 2 each time- i am in year 11 now

Yeah, seneca especially but sometimes it just feels like im 'fake studying' ykwim 😵*💫
Original post by Coffeemetro
Yeah, seneca especially but sometimes it just feels like im 'fake studying' ykwim 😵*💫
depends on how you are using it, try cram mode as well
and definitely try gizmo its like a study version of duolingo
an aquarius who likes coffee and bauhaus... could we be any more similar...
also good luck getting your grades up! i have my end-of-years after half term, pretty sure, but i should really check, haha. what topics are you doing for history? ours are nazi germany, the cold war, and warfare, which we haven't gotten onto yet so i don't know what it's about 🤷*♀️
youre cheesin fam
Reply 7
Ngl you're finished! I'd give up on the academic journey, without Japanese genetics my friend, you're simply going nowhere.
Guys im not even going to lie, did NO revision for mocks (。T ω T。) (terrible strategy.)

Updated predicted grades (im so cooked)

To be fair, they aren't the worst grades but they still aren't what I wanted. I'm aiming for majority at an eight. However, if i do end up getting these results in the actual test i would jump with joy.

Next steps are to focus on my spoken language examination. Ive been procrastinating memorising it. (ง ื▿ ื)ว

。𖦹°‧ See you around buddies!! (≧▽≦)/

Quick Reply