The Student Room Group

Will doing psychology a level prevent me from being accepted into a top 10 university

I was thinking about doing Maths, Geography and Psychology however i'm hesitant about psychology as I think it would lower my chances of being accepted into somewhere like UCL (not bothered about oxbridge). I was thinking about studying something to do with Geography or even Law at university. I really don't want to do a science D:
Reply 1
I really don't think so. I did psychology for a-level and I have a place at Cambridge for History. I feel like it was considered a less legitimate a-level in the past but it's definitely respected nowadays.
Original post by georgia10201
I was thinking about doing Maths, Geography and Psychology however i'm hesitant about psychology as I think it would lower my chances of being accepted into somewhere like UCL (not bothered about oxbridge). I was thinking about studying something to do with Geography or even Law at university. I really don't want to do a science D:

Hi there

I am a current law student at Kent. For a law degree, I think most Universities will not mind what A levels you have taken. You can normally find their entry requirements on the specific University websites to double check. 🙂 Instead, you may like to focus on achieving high grades for each of your A level subjects (which is what Universities tend to look at).

It is okay not wanting to do a science based subject. Despite taking science and maths based subjects in A levels, I found the change to study law quite enjoyable. So there is no pressure to pick science as a degree, instead choosing something that you think you will enjoy is a good idea.

I hope this helps.
Chloe
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 3
i got an offer for ucl for geography and i do a level psychology
i really do not think it will affect your chances of receiving offers!

Quick Reply