The Student Room Group

how enjoyable is a level physics?

ive heard there is a big emphasis on electrcity, circuits and electromagnetism and a lot of the time you have to explain things rather than solve problems. this puts me off physics. my school does ocr b so idk if that changes anything.
Reply 1
Original post by ismaelishere
ive heard there is a big emphasis on electrcity, circuits and electromagnetism and a lot of the time you have to explain things rather than solve problems. this puts me off physics. my school does ocr b so idk if that changes anything.

i do ocr a (think it's a bit differnet to ocr b)

it depends what intrests you in physics for me i find paper 1 more enjoyable and hate a lot of paper 2 topics as i find it hard to visualise. i've also found that for me it's kind of a 50/50 split between problem solving and like wordy explain questions but it may be different for you
Reply 2
Original post by bluegray
i do ocr a (think it's a bit differnet to ocr b)
it depends what intrests you in physics for me i find paper 1 more enjoyable and hate a lot of paper 2 topics as i find it hard to visualise. i've also found that for me it's kind of a 50/50 split between problem solving and like wordy explain questions but it may be different for you

what other subjects did u take and where would u rank physics?
Reply 3
what other subjects did u take and where would u rank physics?

I took Maths, Physics, Product Design and Chemistry (1 year)

Product Design is the best for me and I think currently it would go physics then maths but those two are kind of the same level and I hated chem because I didn't understand any of it
Physics isn’t as maths based as you would think, more conceptual based questions. Can feel electricity heavy however, but paper 1 for me is never too maths based.
Reply 5

I did AQA so idk how different the physics is but I would say it depends on how much effort ur willing to put in and how much u already enjoy physics.
I didn’t like it.

But I wasn’t supposed to be doing the subject anyway.

Quick Reply