The Student Room Group

A-levels and flying.

I'm finishing Year 11 now. I'm homeschooled so I got a 7 in Physics in Year 9 and 6s in Maths and English Language in Year 10. I'm currently doing my Religious Studies and Sociology exams. (all gcse's)
I have got a job with British Airways (level 2 customer service apprentice) starting this June, and am starting flying training over the weekends.
I read that you need a-levels to get hired as a pilot. Is there anyway I could do them part time over a few years in the evenings?
thanks!
(edited 2 months ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Thank you! I can't see the link, sorry... am I missing something?
I'm finishing Year 11 now. I'm homeschooled so I got a 7 in Physics in Year 9 and 6s in Maths and English Language in Year 10. I'm currently doing my Religious Studies and Sociology exams. (all gcse's)
I have got a job with British Airways (level 2 customer service apprentice) starting this June, and am starting flying training over the weekends.
I read that you need a-levels to get hired as a pilot. Is there anyway I could do them part time over a few years in the evenings?
thanks!

Hi @kh08 ,

Well done on achieving some of your GCSE's early! Good luck for the reminding examinations you have to do! From my understanding most colleges work full time during the day time (9-5). Distant learning is a resource that can be use which provides flexibility to fit study around work/other commitments and there are virtually no colleges that run part-time or evening classes for adults to study A-Levels.

Wishing you the best with your current and future studies!

Kaprice R
LSBU Rep

Quick Reply