The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

uni of leicester

hey guys, i’m moving to leicester to study business management - i was just wondering whether anyone else is because none of my friends are going there and im feeling kinda nervous - thank you x
Hi there, congratulations on your offer!🎉

This is a new and exciting stage of life. I myself did the move to Leicester in 2022 to study at the university. At the time I did not know anyone on campus and it was unlikely I would meet anyone from college since I did most of it online. I was feeling a little nervous but that quickly went away as I met other people on my course (who I am still friends with till now!🤭) who were also in my shoes. I met them as we were making our way to our first ever lecture at uni and we started a conversation. After week 2 I met a few more students at Society events which run on campus. People on campus are really friendly and nice to chat with from students to staff. My one advice is be friendly, smile at others and try to start conversations with others.

Most of the first year students don't know other people, and its more than normal to feel nervous about going to university first time. So please know you are not alone, you've got this, and I am sure you will have a wonderful start to university.

Hope this helped, please feel free to ask any other questions you might have.🤗

Sumayyah
Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
hey guys, i’m moving to leicester to study business management - i was just wondering whether anyone else is because none of my friends are going there and im feeling kinda nervous - thank you x

Hey! I'm moving there too and I know no one right now. I'm sure we'll both be fine though, there are plenty of societies to get involved in, your course mates to meet, and your flatmates. See you there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending