The Student Room Group

Part time maintenance loan - applied late

Hi everyone,

I study with the Open University as I have mental health conditions that mean I can’t attend ‘bricks and mortar’ - accordingly I am eligible for a part time maintenance loan (albeit studying at full time pace, 120 credits a year). I applied back in March, which I think was in time albeit late in the year.

My question is, if approved, would the maintenance loan amount paid for 2023/4 be backdated, or would I receive a smaller pro-rata amount based on the date I’d applied until the end of the academic year in summer 2024?

Any advice on this much appreciated.

As an aside, I have applied and been approved for DSA. I had my needs assessment with studytech last week, so just waiting for the final report/DSA2
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by DMR1988
Hi everyone,
I study with the Open University as I have mental health conditions that mean I can’t attend ‘bricks and mortar’ - accordingly I am eligible for a part time maintenance loan (albeit studying at full time pace, 120 credits a year). I applied back in March, which I think was in time albeit late in the year.
My question is, if approved, would the maintenance loan amount paid for 2023/4 be backdated, or would I receive a smaller pro-rata amount based on the date I’d applied until the end of the academic year in summer 2024?
Any advice on this much appreciated.
As an aside, I have applied and been approved for DSA. I had my needs assessment with studytech last week, so just waiting for the final report/DSA2

Hi there, you'd be backdated any monies owed to you if you were eligible and the evidence was accepted. So you wouldn't lose out on any of your entitlement. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, you'd be backdated any monies owed to you if you were eligible and the evidence was accepted. So you wouldn't lose out on any of your entitlement. Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason, thanks; that’s good to know. My application is showing as approved and the status is showing “confirming all details” stage. Do you know what a typical timeframe is from that stage to completion?
Original post by DMR1988
Hi Jason, thanks; that’s good to know. My application is showing as approved and the status is showing “confirming all details” stage. Do you know what a typical timeframe is from that stage to completion?

Hi there,

Were you accepted for the Maintenance Loan? Does your payment schedule show awaiting confirmation?

Thanks, Ross
Reply 4
Hi Ross, this is the current message on the application status:

IMG_2091.png
Original post by DMR1988
Hi Ross, this is the current message on the application status:
IMG_2091.png

Hi there,

What status does your payments show?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 6
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,
What status does your payments show?
Thanks,
Claire

Hi Claire, see attached, but I assumed this would relate to the tuition fee element:

IMG_2092.png
Original post by DMR1988
Hi Claire, see attached, but I assumed this would relate to the tuition fee element:
IMG_2092.png

You need to click on the option to view payments and see what status they show. You may have to use a laptop/pc to do this as it doesn't always show on a mobile.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 8
Hi, attached is my payment schedule - it shows tuition fee loans but doesn’t show any indication of maintainence loans.
IMG_2100.png
IMG_2099.png
If you want to contact us via the live chat in your account we can check this and further assist. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending