The Student Room Group

do i have time to improve my gcse grades

my first exam is on friday and ive done 2 hours most revision. on my last mocks i got 4s and 5s and my target grades are 7s and 8s. if i consistently do 2-4 hours of revision daily do you think i can up my grades that much?
yeah but don’t waste learning content bang out revision from the specifications and you’ll acc improve
Original post by claudi2008
my first exam is on friday and ive done 2 hours most revision. on my last mocks i got 4s and 5s and my target grades are 7s and 8s. if i consistently do 2-4 hours of revision daily do you think i can up my grades that much?

Yes, you have enough time as long as you focus on the specification material and find the right revision method for you.
Good luck! :smile:
Reply 3

you may need a lot of luck - I am in the same boat as you. GL for exams
Reply 4

you can but you're going to have to work longgg days. Wake up 7:30, have breakfast and a coffee to kickstart your brain. Start work at 8:00. Do 5 hours revision, have a 1 hour lunch break at 14:00-15:00. More revision until 21:00. Have dinner, go straight to bed. Be in bed by 22:00 or 23:00. That way you have 8 or 9 and a half hours sleep. Repeat until the exam.

you can definitely improve, but you need to be strategic about how you work. i dont think 2-4 hours is going to cut it... (somoeene posted a schedule that looks good try that)
Reply 6

2-4 hours isn't enough to jump 3-4 grades in everything. I'd try and do at least 6 hours per day of pure exam questions. Maybe then, but you still need to get really lucky. Try physicsandmathstutor to get really good summary notes and exam questions based on topics. It will be hard, but you can do it if you put the work in. Stay positive! :smile:

Quick Reply