The Student Room Group

No Maths GCSE

I haven’t got my Maths GCSE but haven’t really got any motivation to resit again. What are other options available that can help me.
Original post by mariam6254
I haven’t got my Maths GCSE but haven’t really got any motivation to resit again. What are other options available that can help me.

Being totally honest resit it ,its a huge disadvantage not to have a maths gcse, the minimum requirements for so many courses in colledge/ sixth form and even apprenticehsips are science, english and maths gcses. You could maybe take a gap year and then resit, or get some therapy etc to work on your menatl health for a few months and then revise for it or simultaneously revise for it. There are some things in life that you have to do regardless of if you want to or not, and that will make your lfie much easier in the long run and this is one of them. And if you were doing higher maths, youc ould just do foundation this time, but you can only max get a grade 5 then, which is a good, solid pass. Think it over I would say and this is just my opinion. I understand that it is hard and when we struggle with things some of us tend to wnat to avoid them, but if you face your fears and weaknesses, you come out stronger and more resilient. But there are some courses, that you could do without mats gcse, but those are the ones that dont require much academics, it depends on what you wnat to do but in the end no maths gcse does mean there are less overall options available for you, I owuld advise you to do your own research, keeping in mind what you wnat to do.Good luck!
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply