The Student Room Group

Good pc to buy

Hi, I was wondering if I could get any recommendations on a pre-built pc to buy? I know someone will mention building your own but I don't feel ready for that nor do I have any knowledge on how to do so i'd like to start simple by buying something prebuilt, does anyone have any suggestions?
You can get a wide range of pre built PCs for a wide range of different uses. What are you intending to use it for?
Building your own is genuinely very easy, but I do have sympathy for the anxiety of thinking you might break expensive components as I am very heavy handed.

Jamie has asked the correct question. You can get something for a few hundred that will do all basic tasks without any stress at all, but if you want to be playing AAA games on ultra, doing complicated editing or other tasks which will stress your system then that will change drastically.

People often buy computers that are thrice as powerful as they need for no real reason, so be clear on what you need it to do.
Original post by Crazy Jamie
You can get a wide range of pre built PCs for a wide range of different uses. What are you intending to use it for?

thanks for the response !! nothing crazy just some games i dont play anything intense either its mostly moba and rpg/jrpg stuff so im aware i dont need the power of a nasa space station or anything 😭
Original post by ByronicHero
Building your own is genuinely very easy, but I do have sympathy for the anxiety of thinking you might break expensive components as I am very heavy handed.
Jamie has asked the correct question. You can get something for a few hundred that will do all basic tasks without any stress at all, but if you want to be playing AAA games on ultra, doing complicated editing or other tasks which will stress your system then that will change drastically.
People often buy computers that are thrice as powerful as they need for no real reason, so be clear on what you need it to do.

Yeah one of my major worries is potentially building superpowered parts i dont rlly need or destorying a component i payed good money for none of the games i play are intense or require alot of pc power as its mostly moba games and rpg and jprg i mainly want the pc to take the stress off my laptop as i can see running some of my more heavy games with open worlds is starting to take its toll ive tried askng friends but it hasnt proven very helpful ☹️ thank you for your response btw!
Reply 5
Original post by partial-parapet
Yeah one of my major worries is potentially building superpowered parts i dont rlly need or destorying a component i payed good money for none of the games i play are intense or require alot of pc power as its mostly moba games and rpg and jprg i mainly want the pc to take the stress off my laptop as i can see running some of my more heavy games with open worlds is starting to take its toll ive tried askng friends but it hasnt proven very helpful ☹️ thank you for your response btw!

What's your budget?
Original post by TNGFR
What's your budget?

Hi sorry for the super late reply, but my budget is around 700-800 im willing to spend a little
Reply 7
Hi sorry for the super late reply, but my budget is around 700-800 im willing to spend a little

Is that for everything (pc, screen, peripherals etc) or just the pc itself?
Original post by TNGFR
Is that for everything (pc, screen, peripherals etc) or just the pc itself?
mainly for pc and the monitor
Reply 9
mainly for pc and the monitor

https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system/ultra-45-vr-next-day-pc

https://www.currys.co.uk/products/msi-pro-mp251-full-hd-24.5-ips-lcd-monitor-black-10259992.html

That's what I'd be inclined to go for, about the best specs I can find for around £700 leaving the last chunk for a monitor. You'd definitely get better value out of building yourself, you could probably save £100 on the cost of this from buying the components separately which could go towards either a more powerful graphics card or upgrading other parts, but if that's not your thing then it's not your thing.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
You owe it to yourself to get a 4k monitor. Don't bother with some outdated FHD (1920) resolution monitor.

£100ish on ebay can get you a reasonable 4k monitor. With this being one example of many possible deals you could go for:
AOC 28" 4k monitor for £100 or best offer
Original post by TNGFR
https://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/system/ultra-45-vr-next-day-pc
https://www.currys.co.uk/products/msi-pro-mp251-full-hd-24.5-ips-lcd-monitor-black-10259992.html
That's what I'd be inclined to go for, about the best specs I can find for around £700 leaving the last chunk for a monitor. You'd definitely get better value out of building yourself, you could probably save £100 on the cost of this from buying the components separately which could go towards either a more powerful graphics card or upgrading other parts, but if that's not your thing then it's not your thing.

thank you so much ill have a look right away !
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
You owe it to yourself to get a 4k monitor. Don't bother with some outdated FHD (1920) resolution monitor.
£100ish on ebay can get you a reasonable 4k monitor. With this being one example of many possible deals you could go for:
AOC 28" 4k monitor for £100 or best offer

thank i will have a look thanks for the advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending