The Student Room Group

missed paper 2 English language

hello I am a private student from uae and recently I missed one paper from English language paper 2 and im extremely worried I won't be able to pass with doing the other 3 papers left what should I do? and I also don't understand paper 3 and how to write the answer to the first question any advice to the language change and how to write it???
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Hello, UAE student here too. I want to inform you that English Language U2 is probably the hardest unit/paper (Edexcel) and if you had missed your exam for a serious reason please ensure you contact your Exam Officer at school to enroll you into the re-take exam as by now it’d be too late to get an unconditional offer for a resit (for family death, extreme sickness). I suggest you continue to work hard for your examinations including paper two. If we are speaking about Unit 2 English Language Edexcel, question one or section A is about comparing Text A with Standard English features and to evaluate the differences between both of them. I’d say structure wise, when you are comparing, make the comparisons clear and include phonological pronunciation differences, why it’s possibly different than standard English, and so on. In the exam your given a few points to talk about (Phonology, Syntax, Lexis, Morphology and Discourse) so I suggest you talk to your teacher about different analysis points you can add to these.

Quick Reply