The Student Room Group

Accommodation UCL 2024-2025

I'm interested in finding out about studios near UCL with ensuite facilities, so any suggestions ?
Reply 1
lmao
Reply 2
I'm interested in finding out about studios near UCL with ensuite facilities, so any suggestions ?

Hi! Studios come with a kitchenette, shower and toilet. Are you coming in as an undergrad? If you are UG, you may want to consider the UOL halls or Garden Hall or International House, which will provide you more opportunity to make friends.

Is there a real need to have a studio? It may be more isolating to most students.

The studios nearby UCL that I am aware of, are

Scape Bloomsbury

Janet Poole House

IQ Bloomsbury

Urbanest St Pancras

Scape Kings Cross

International Students House

Unite Students Somerset Court

(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by BubblesBB
Hi! Studios come with a kitchenette, shower and toilet. Are you coming in as an undergrad? If you are UG, you may want to consider the UOL halls or Garden Hall or International House, which will provide you more opportunity to make friends.
Is there a real need to have a studio? It may be more isolating to most students.
The studios nearby UCL that I am aware of, are

Scape Bloomsbury

Janet Poole House

IQ Bloomsbury

Urbanest St Pancras

Scape Kings Cross

International Students House

Unite Students Somerset Court

Thank you for your recommendations .no,.am applying as postgraduate and looking for halls walking distance to UCL main campus
Reply 4
Thank you for your recommendations .no,.am applying as postgraduate and looking for halls walking distance to UCL main campus

I see. Check with Dexter Bloomsbury who is a real estate agency and they may be able to help you find a private flat rental near Russell Square Station / Brunswick Centre. https://www.dexters.co.uk/contact-us/our-offices/dexters-bloomsbury-estate-agents
Reply 5
I see. Check with Dexter Bloomsbury who is a real estate agency and they may be able to help you find a private flat rental near Russell Square Station / Brunswick Centre. https://www.dexters.co.uk/contact-us/our-offices/dexters-bloomsbury-estate-agents

thank you
Reply 6

i saw some reviews on john adams halls that there is mouse infestation problem ..is this true and frequent in ucl halls?
Reply 7
i saw some reviews on john adams halls that there is mouse infestation problem ..is this true and frequent in ucl halls?

How recent are the reviews? Anything that is more than a year old, just take it with a pinch of salt. Because the issue may already have been eradicated. Rat issues can also be present in private student accommodations and private flat rentals. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to dismiss rate infestation as a problem. It is but it is also commonly dealt with or you can report to the health authorities, and I don't think UOL managed halls would stand by and do nothing.
Reply 8
I got accomodation at st pancras way . I am undergraduate student starting in September. Was really hoping ti get somewhere close by like Astor college . Any idea how far it is from Bloomsbury campus ? How are the rooms?
Reply 9

I’ve deferred my place at SOAS to next year. Does anyonewant to take over my tenancy starting Sept 10th 2024- 21stJune 2025 at Camden Stayclub opposite Camden Market?3rd floor Studio Plus (own kitchen and shower room). 2double beds. £419 a week. I’ve already paid the deposit soyou don’t have to pay that, which makes it £409 a week.You can contact stay club and tell them you want room 236and it will be deposit already paid.
I got accommodation at St Pancras Way, was also hoping for somewhere closer to campus (preferably Astor College), would anyone be interested in swapping?

Quick Reply